I have been sewing up a storm the last few days and have made progress on several projects. First up is the second flower in the Fellowship of the Flowers. I love the colors that Michelle is using and am following her lead here in the first few but my start to switch it up as we go. I am looking forward to seeing what little project she has in store for these at the end of the month.
I have also assembled all the blocks in my Celtic Solstice. After taking this picture I put all the Tri rec units together for the borders. I just need to get those borders cut and added but I hate doing borders and have been procrastinating a little on those. Maybe I can force myself this weekend!
Instead of doing those pesky borders, I spent yesterday working on the quilt for my son. After piecing lots of tiny pieces and points in Celtic Solstice, it was nice to just work on some simple cutting and piecing. Working with a layer cake made this so easy and fast and I love the look of the sashing in the dark brown.
The blocks are all together and up on the design wall awaiting the sashing and borders. DH says it reminds him of the look of a Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass window. Hope my son likes it!