As the reality of my upcoming move begins to sink in I am looking around to finish up a few UFOs that are almost done. Here is a wool project that I started about a year ago to practice embellishing. The pattern is from the book "Pennies from Heaven" and is just a small wall hanging. I tried a few new things with this including some needle turn appliqué using silk taffeta. I was surprised how easy it was since I had heard horror stories of raveling and shredding. But I used no interfacing and just marked the front and needle turned the seam allowance just as I would cotton fabric. It adds a nice sheen and I will be doing this again. I have a lot of silk taffeta that I purchased in Thailand but also some that I pick up in drapery fabric stores. Those little free swatches are perfect for appliqué! I did some quilting around all the appliqué and am not sure how I like that. I rarely see quilting on small wool pieces but I wanted to give it a try. Looks ok but not as flat as I might like. Perhaps next time I need to add more quilting in the wool background but this one will stay as is. I also used a silk blend stripe fore the binding. The colors are perfect and it was surprisingly easy to work with. Overall a happy experiment.